Prep Time: 15 Minutes | Cook Time: 20 Minutes| Total Time: 35 Minutes
Cuisine: Indian| Vegan
This completely vegan samosa pie is a family favourite, that’s both easy to cook and bursting with flavour.
- 2 large potatoes
- 150g frozen green peas
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 400g soy mince
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp coriander, dried
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 pack of filo pastry
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 large onion, diced
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Allow the filo pastry to sit at room temperature (this will make it easier to work with later on).
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and the potatoes and cook until soft.
- Add the peas to the pot until cooked, and then drain and mash the potatoes and peas.
- In the meantime, in a large frying pan, heat the vegetable oil and sauté the garlic and onions until soft. Add the chilli powder, curry powder and coriander and cook for a further minute.
- Add the soy mince to the pan and cook for 10 minutes on a low-medium heat, adding a splash of water to avoid over-drying.
- Combine the mashed potato and peas with the mince, seasoning with salt and pepper. Add more water if the mixture is a little dry. Now transfer the mixture to an over dish and smooth into an even layer.
- Unfold the filo pastry and layer onto the top of the mince mixture, sheet by sheet, brushing with oil between each layer. Once layered to satisfaction brush one last time with oil. Cut 4 slits into the top, allowing air to escape.
- Cook for 20 minutes until crisp and golden.